Mixing Kdevelop CVS with KDE3.0.2 release

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Thu Jul 25 12:24:04 UTC 2002

Thanks Daniel and Simon!

See coments inline!

Daniel Engelschalt wrote:

>>Hi, That was not my question. My question was:
>>Can I have Gideon on my KDE3.0.2 release?
>>
>mmh, haven't tried it - but why not ?

I tried and it complains with some kdewidgets stuff and QT3.0.5 (see my

>>To install Gideon I need the latest kdelibs, will that break my KDE3.0.2 ?
>>
>do we really need the latest kdelibs ? have you tried compiling it against
>kde 3.0.2 ?

Simmon told me to get the latest kdelibs to make the problem go away!

>just do the following for installing the cvs version in another directory:
>configure all the cvs stuff with:
>./configure --prefix=[directory where you want the cvs-version to go],
>e.g. --prefix=/opt/kdecvs

I'll try that but How can I explain gideon that it should use the latest
kdelibs but ALL my other KDE applications should use KDE3.0.2????

This is the real point isn't it?