outputwidget

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Fri Jul 19 16:33:04 UTC 2002

Hi,
after seeing so many problems with outputwidget, I've decided to do a
 rewrite. I hope for it to be finished in next week.
It is an extremely simple widget that displays text stuff in a font of your
choice, allows changing colors, and lets you get the character position (row,
column) that was clicked by the mouse. It also allows highlighting between a
starting (row, column) and ending (row, column).
It doesn't allow changing of the text.
I'm still tweaking the data representation for word-wraping so that it will
 be able to efficiently handle paragraphs of arbitrary length (the algorithm
 is dumb, so there's not too much to improve there).
The code seems to be *a lot* shorter and simpler than Qt sources. Actually,
I'm not basing on qt sources at all -- I tried simplifying them, but it
seemed too much hassle.
The whole thing uses qt2 api so it should work equally well in kde2 and kde3.
I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Cheers, Kuba Ober