Using Kate from gideon

Sergey Izvoztchikov lezdep at rogers.com
Thu Jul 18 21:59:04 UTC 2002

Harald Fernengel wrote:
[skiped]
> > One more question :) - Can I see classes which are
> > defined not in files from my project (external library)
> > in class browser ? I used some feature related to preparsing.
> > So gideon loads something on start, but I'm not clear, what
> > is it about ? How can I use that preparsed information ?
>
> the preparsed information should allow code-completion, but I am not sure on
> how advanced it is. External classes aren't displayed in the Classbrowser,
> for that you should have man-pages and html doku ;)
It looks like a policy in Gideon. Why couldn't I have external classes
in class browser, if I have source code ? Sometimes I need to navigate
and study that source code. For example - I'm new to gideon code and
I want to develop some plugin. I'd like to have all existing code tagged
and displayed in class browser, so I can study it and lookup into source
implementations when I need.

Is it a big deal to have such a feature ? Looks like it isn't
implemented for a reason. What is this reason ?

--
Regards. Sergey Izvoztchikov
http://www.geocities.com/lezdep/