KDevelop-2.2 or Gideon bug

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Mon Jul 15 14:07:04 UTC 2002

Hi, Matthew!

> It looks like if the user wants to create a new file, but there is no
> p_prj.

What do you mean with "p_prj"?
It seems the bug is in KDevelop 2.2 :-).
KDevelop 2.2 resides in the sub directory kdevelop/kdevelop, Gideon in
kdevelop/src, .../parts, .../lib, etc. (except .../kdevelop).

> If I load my old kdevelop and open a project, the kdeveloprc file holds
> the last project, then when the Gideon loads, it loads the last project
> stored in the kdeveloprc file. Now creating a new file is fine.

Maybe I got you wrong, but the last project is stored in gideonrc (Gideon) and
in kdeveloprc (KDevelop). Gideon couldn't load .kdevprj (at least not without
kdevprj2kdevelop :-). The project files of Gideon end with .kdevelop.

> Also in my spare time I would like to help develop Gideon. I am very
> fimular with QT, and I could become fimular with KDE. If someone thinks I
> could help in some way, please let me know.

Great! If you have questions about Gideon we will to try our best to answer
them!
Maybe you get an impression of the parts: Which groups of parts are there
(language support, build tool handling, etc), etc... ?

Have fun :-)

Bye,
	Victor