Searching an entire QListView

Victor Röder victor_roeder at gmx.de
Sat Jul 13 23:30:08 UTC 2002

Hi!

I wanted to ask if someone of you has a nice solution for searching QListView.
I'm trying to write a little search mechanism for the Documentation-Panel of
Gideon.
Problem while searching: The children of an item are not created and
initialized unless you open the item. Therefore you have to open each item,
search it and close it again (so that the tree doesn't get too large) if
nothing was found in that part of the tree.
Has someone of you code where I can have a look? Or a complete solution :-)?

The problem is *not* searching the list view with firstChild(), itemBelow(),
etc. Just "How to search the list view efficiently?" (maybe :-)

Bye,
	Victor