private api & the future of qeditor

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sat Jul 13 18:48:05 UTC 2002

On Saturday 13 July 2002 02:11, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Friday 12 July 2002 21:38, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> > hi all,
> > today i've updated my copy of qt and i've noticed that trolltech made a
> > lot of changes to qrichtext "private api" that makes qeditor binary and
> > source incompatible with the upcoming version of qt... so i've learned
> > the lesson: never use private api :-)
> >
> > at this point i'm not sure if i can continue the development of qeditor
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > ciao robe
>
> I'm sure there are people, who won't like it, but why don't you fork the
> classes you need. KOffice did the same a while back.
Would be a option in my eyes to, even if than the "automagically bugfixing" of this
stuff done by trolltech would be lost ;)

> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger
>
> PS: There is a reason, why kate doesn't use qrichtext
Or jump in the kate team and help with the last 2 missing features which the kate part
needs (in respect to qrichttext for editing plain text with highlighting)
 - dynamic word wrapping
 - bidi support

;)

cu