ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.1.2 out now!

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu Jul 4 12:24:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

(This is an announcement for all who are not
subscribed to the other KDE
  mailing-lists:)

The KDevelop team is proud to present KDevelop 2.1.2
This version has been released as part of the KDE 3.0.2
release!

KDE 3.0.2 announcement and press release
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.0.2.html

Licence
=======
See
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=license.html

screenshots
===========
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots1.html
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots2.html
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots3.html

download
========
Binary packages:
  http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/Conectiva
  http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/Mandrake
  Red Hat still missing
  Slackware still missing
  http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/SuSE
  http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/True64

Source (tar.bz2):
  http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/src/kdevelop-2.1.2_for_KDE_3.0.tar.bz2
  http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.0.2/src/kdevelop-2.1.2_for_KDE_2.2.tar.bz2

Ftp mirrors:
  http://www.kde.org/ftpmirrors.html

Compiling from CVS sources
==========================
See
  http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=download.html

Changes from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2
===========================
- fixed problems in Output toolview (newlines,
  scrolling, jump to error, line break), workarounds
  for some Qt bugs
- improved printing (WYSIWYG), adjusting the print
  font size
- giving the possibility to switch to color printing
  inside kdeveloprc (BlackAndWhitePrinting=false)
- CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS don't apply in build process
- improved indention in the editor
- typo fixed in KDE MDI app wizard template
- fixed gcc-3.1 compile errors

Notes
=====
1) Used cvs branch for this release is KDE_2_2_BRANCH
2) If you like to join the KDevelop developers, don't
   hesitate to contact us at kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org!
3) This is likely the last KDevelop-2.x.x version
4) There aren't binary packages for KDE-2.2 yet because
   the distributors don't provide them anymore. Please,
   help and send us your self-created binary rpms! We
   will put them on the KDevelop web site.

Current CVS version
KDE_2_2_BRANCH is closed now.
Now we are heading towards KDE-3-only version KDevelop
3.0. It takes time, don't expect this version very soon.
Try cvs HEAD to see what's going on there.

Have fun,
F at lk Brettschneider (on behalf of the whole KDevelop team)