Fwd: Important: Katepart libname change

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Wed Jul 3 19:23:04 UTC 2002

Hi

This message is important for all people who are running CVS HEAD or snaphot
releases.

Some time ago (before 3.0) Stephan Kulow changed a few part names from the
lib*.la scheme to *la. I did the same with the katepart.

The name change for the kate part caused some troubles and is partly BIC (at
least for application not loading the part with the ktrader) to the KDE 3.0.x
branch. Therefor I'll rename it back.
THE BAD THING (TM) is, that this is again partly BIC to older CVS HEAD branch
versions.
----
Please remove the $PREFIX/lib/kde3/katepart.* files to avoid troubles.
I'll commit in a few minutes and fix kdebase to work correctly

The only thing I don't change is the location. The new version will still be
installed in $PREFIX/lib/kde3 instead of $PREFIX/lib. That doesn't mean eny
problem, if the lib is loaded with ktrader/kgeneric factory/ktrader/ .... .

Linking against it isn't possible any more, but application should never have
been linking directly to the part anyways. I don't know of any application
which tried it.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger