Fix suggestion for website:

Wolfgang Mueller Wolfgang.Mueller at cui.unige.ch
Mon Feb 25 14:11:02 UTC 2002

> -lkfile is dead in kde3, you have to link to -lkio afaik... but that
> should work automatically which means that you dont have the kde3 admin
> dir and are using the 2.2.x admin dir. So cvs update -A in the admin dir
> and it should make a kde3 admin dir from that...
>
> Otto
IMHO the website is suggesting that you use the kde-common/admin for the
2_2_Branch also if you want to compile for kde 3. Maybe the compiling
instructions under " Instructions for a self-compiled version 2.1" should
begin like
--

(snip)

Command line:

       $ mkdir kde2src
If you are compiling under kde 2.2.x, do
       $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co -r
if you are compiling under kde 3 do
       $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co -r
kde-common

After that (for both platforms) do...
       $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde co -r
KDE_2_2_BRANCH kdevelop

(snip)
--
With this exception I found kdevelop really easy to compile and install.
Cheers,