KDevelop and Wine, MFC, C++, Wine stability

Jean-Claude Gervais jcgervais at collectify.com
Wed Feb 20 01:20:05 UTC 2002

Pardon the very newbie-type questions;

Is it possible to use KDevelop to compile Wine?

Is it possible to use KDevelop to compile Windows-less native Wine

applications? ie meaning Windows apps that you would compile totally with

the Wine development kit (GCC and the Wine .H and .LIB files)?

Is it possible to use KDevelop (or Wine itself for that matter) to develop

MFC applications under Linux using GCC as a compiler? I suppose I'm asking

if the MFC headers are all there or can be copied over and used by the GCC

compiler. Will the GCC compiler emit the proper name-mangling for C++ code?

Can GCC do C++ code at all?

If a Wine-driven Windows app crashes, can it take down the Linux kernel? I

mean -god forbid- that there would be bugs in the Wine kernel code, how

deeply is this thing plugged into Linux? Deep enough so that a Windows app

could crash everything?

Please don't flame me, as I am rather ignorant and I am only seeking to

understand.

Thank you.