Code Completion - is there something usable with kde2.2 ?

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 00:21:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

Roberto Raggi wrote:

>i test code only with qt3.. i think that problem is the QRegExp stuff..
>I use regular expression like \b...\b or \w, etc...
>there is a port of qregexp3 for qt2?? so i can use the some code for
>kde2 & kde3..

Indeed it is not working with KDE2.
I applied Roberto's patch to the cvs with a few modifications for
KDE2-compiling. Harry Fernengel helped me with the regular expressions
because Qt2 doesn't have QRegExp::cap() and QRegExp::exactMatch() or so.
Harald tried to port it to KRegExp. So far so good.
It compiles with KDE2 and 3 now but there's no effect on KDE2 though.
Still there seems to be something wrong. I would debug down but only
have time for it maybe in a week or later.
Harald told me he debugged it and he said SimpleParser is not used or
called in any way on KDE2. Is that true?

Ciao,F at lk