A systematic approach to code completion and c++ parsing/storage

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Sun Feb 10 21:41:02 UTC 2002

Gregor Zeitlinger wrote:

>In a first approach I's suggest leaving out increamental parsing and only
>parse whole files. But wait: heavn't we already been there. Didn't
>somebody start with a tokenizer (flex)?

I did you can get it with:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:guest at lma.ee.fhm.edu:/home/cvs
cvs login
[no password}
cvs co kdev2_parser

This parser demonstrates Makefile.am-parsing, you can load a Makefile.am
and it checks all consequent Makefile.ams.

The lexer (flex substitution) works fine, but it should be reorganized
to be multithreaded.
The ruler (yacc subst.) part must be improved. Both works with
signals/slots.

Unfortunately I have no time to continue with it.

>This might be a start to work bottom-up. Does anybody want to define the
>interfaces top-down (from ktexteditor)?
>
>I still have to get KDE3 running though....

Ciao

Walter

--
The KDevelop project: tasin at kdevelop.de [www.kdevelop.org]