update makefile

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Sun Feb 10 21:32:04 UTC 2002

Etay Meiri wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Why doesn't CProject::updateMakefileAm (cproject.cpp:787)
>write CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to the Makefile?
>I see that CXXFLAGS is commented out and I can't see the other two.
>Is that on purpose?   If so, where is the correct place where the user's
>input into the above three on the project's option gets into Makefile.am?
>
>TIA

Hi,

you find an answer at http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop&m=98483208129664&w=2.

Here's the shotcut...
CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are project specific (so used for all
subdirs inside your project and some platform/distribution specific
additional flags are set by invoking ./configure).
So none of these flags should be set in Makefile.am.

AM_CPPFLAGS, KDE_CXXFLAGS, AM_CFLAGS, AM_CXXFLAGS instead are subdir
specific (and so these are set inside Makefile.am). So if you want to
set a CXXFLAGS inside Makefile.am you would have to do this in all
Makefile.ams of your project, which is very inefficient.

Ciao

Walter

--
The KDevelop project: tasin at kdevelop.de [www.kdevelop.org]