Kate Part for KDevelop

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sun Feb 10 17:39:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Sunday 10 February 2002 16:37, Sandy Meier wrote:
> Will code completion (for PHP) works after your move to the new KTextEditor
> interface? Or will we use the new implemention from Robert?
> Sorry I'm so confused with the whole text editor stuff that I don't know
> even KTextEditor already implement the CodeCompletion interface or not.
> :-(

sure, the KTextEditor interface provides a code completion interface which is
pretty similar to Gideons'. After Gideon has been adapted to the KTextEditor
interface, we also have to convert all the existing Plugins (NEdit, QEdit...)
to the interface. This will be quite stupid work, but after that all KDE
applications can use NEdit/QEdit/WhateverEdit as their editor...

The question is whether our wrappers should move from Gideon to KDEBase or
KDE-Bindings, since all KDE applications will benefit from them.

Robert's patch should not affect the PHP completion at all, he just fixed the
c++ stuff and added Designer's Editor.

At the moment I'm badly stuck in my KTextEditor attempt, the problem is that
we now have a document which can have many views (==Widgets). The old
interface just had an Editor which was a document as well as a view/widget. I
think it is time for a Document/View manager...

Best regards,
Harry