Gideon an Texteditor interfaces ?

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Fri Feb 8 20:30:07 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 20:10, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since gideon is QT3 only now and the katepart is in kdelibs, it would be
> nice to see gideon switch to KDE's text editor interface. Is someone
> actually working at a port ?
>
> I could help a littlebit, if help is needed :)
At the moment I have no time, but after 10th March I would be able to help a
bit porting it, too.
It would be highly approciated to drop the kwrite copy you have as that will
mean following advantages:
- no old bugs (there for new ones ;)
- no code duplication
- ktexteditor would be used (as some kdevelopers are some of the "we want a
generic ktexteditor interface" people, that would be very nice)
- no double work in your kwrite part and kate part (if you find bugs, bugfixes
went into kdelibs and would help all apps using the part, not only kdevelop
;)

cu
Christoph