automake woes? what to do?

Wolfgang Müller muellerw at free.fr
Fri Feb 8 13:14:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I am just in the process of installing kde3 cvs and corresponding apps on a
SuSE7.3 . I have the "known automake problems" with gideon (gideon crashes on
them, by the way).

As I need a fresh automake on my computer installing an old one seems not an
attractive option to me. Could you point me to what to fix where in gideon to
make it work with a recent automake?

The issue seems to have been fixed in a recent kdevelop 2.x, could you point
me to the source file where I can snip your fix and port it to gideon?

I would be very obliged.

And, before I forget: like many people, I am really impressed by your work.

Cheers,
Wolfgang