API for configure.in

Etay Meiri cl1 at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 3 22:17:04 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm working on integrating mpatrol support into kdevelop.
mpatrol is an excellent tool for detecting memory allocation/buffer
overflows problem in programs. What I'm looking for is an API for
changing values in configure.in of a given project. I see functions in
cproject.h that would let me change all sort of Makefile flags but I don't see
anything that would let me manipulate configure.in directly. In a sane
mpatrol installation you get mpatrol.m4 installed in your /usr/share/aclocal
directory that would let you add AM_WITH_MPATROL to configure.in. This would
take care of all the distributions differences. For example, on my RH machine
at home I link with -lmpatrol -lbfd -liberty mpatrol enable programs but on
my debian machine at the office I do this with -lmpatrol -lelf. Using
AM_WITH_MPATROL in configure.in seems like the best course of action. Does
kdevelop provide anything for that? How about hacking configure.in directly
from my 'Enable mpatrol' menu item in kdevelop.

I'de appreciate any idea how to persue this.

--
Etay Meiri
cl1 at netvision.net.il