Any plans for a alpha3 release with KDE3.1 final?

Falk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri Dec 13 13:16:02 UTC 2002

Hi!

I use a standard SuSE-8.1 with its provided KDE-3.0.3. Just Gideon is
compiled by myself.
The only editor part that works for this version is the QEditor, (although
Kate is also suggested in the Gideon-configuration but it doesn't work (if I
choose it, it's strange because then QEditor is taken as well again)). So
since this distro is likely often used, until a beta release, we should either
look why the Kate part isn't loaded or more improve QEditor (e.g. to make
debugging usuable as I'm doing at present). Otherwise a Beta-version of Gideon
wouldn't have an usuable editor for the distributions of today. :)

Lemma:
TODO << "make QEditor usuable for debugging and bookmarks";
TODO << "maybe also other QEditor fixes";
TODO << "look why Kate (KDE-3.0.3) is offered but not working and fix that";

Ciao
F at lk