gideon release, first steps

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel Matthias at Hoelzer-Kluepfel.de
Mon Aug 5 19:29:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 19:22, Roland Krause wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> --- Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <Matthias at Hoelzer-Kluepfel.de> wrote:
> > a) Remove the kdevelop sources from HEAD, as Roland has suggested.
> > (It has
> > been friday, but the code is still in, so we should do this now ;)
>
> Yes, I will do it today. I have been busy with family matters and this
> week I am trying to help preparing for LWCE.

Don't worry, I did it this morning ;)

> I still think it would be best to release anything. Things that turn
> out to be completely unmaintained for a long period of time should be
> removed.

Ok, Bernd and you have convinced me. I think we should re-interpret the
meaning of the groups in the list:

a) Essential parts
b) Parts that really should be there
c) Parts that will be there when no showstoppers are found

This would mean that there would not be a 1.0 release without a working C++
support part, but if any serious issues arise with, e.g., the python support,
we could think about dropping it.

And in the beta, we will just leave out the obsolete parts plus distpart.

Does this sound reasonable?

Bye,
Matthias.