koala

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 28 19:38:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday 28 April 2002 5:00 pm, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Thursday 18 April 2002 09:36, you wrote:
> > I keep a patch of any manual edits needed for the previous version, and
> > apply that to the newly generated sources. It would be nice to completely
> > automate it, but I'm not sure if it's possible (cf kdebindings/kdejava
> > often fails to build too). Possibly the unedited sources could go in the
> > cvs under an 'AUTOGENERATED_BINDINGS' tag, so that the manual edits would
> > be the difference between this and the HEAD branch.
>
> You could also commit the patch into cvs. Regenerating the sources could
> then done with a Makefile target
>
> regenerate:
>         kalyptus something
>         patch < patch
>
> Whenever you change your manual modifications, you can update the patch
> with
>
>   cvs diff > patch
>   cvs commit patch
Or a third approach would be to put the unedited sources into a different
directory.

I did start updating the javasupport part last time you mentioned koala, but
I'm afraid I got distracted with something else. The problem is that the
names of some of the core api classes have changed, and most of the work is
tracking down which new name corresponds to which old name.

I would certainly like to decide on the definitive way to do this. David Faure
also has an opinion on how it should be done, so I'll cc him this mail.

-- Richard