editing

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel mhk at kde.org
Thu Apr 25 20:25:06 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 04:14, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> On Monday 22 April 2002 21:02, Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel wrote:
> > > .cxx and .hxx extensions also mean C++!!!!
> >
> > Eray,
> >
> > I guess I didn't get your point. What is wrong with .cxx and .hxx for C++
> > files?
>
> I think kate doesn't know that .hxx means C++ header files. There are also
> places where .hxx and .cxx files won't show up as C++ source files....

Ah, I think I understand now. The part mechanism in gideon is based on
mimetypes, so it should work with cxx files et. al. (if not, the mimetype
detection in kdelibs has to be fixed).

But I guess there might be some places like the astyle plugin, where the
extension is used to determine if the file is C++, not the mimetype. I guess
this has to be changed eventually.

Bye,
Matthias.