editing

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel mhk at kde.org
Sun Apr 21 14:21:02 UTC 2002

On Friday 19 April 2002 14:19, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> Matthias, currently it's impossible for me to load Python and PHP
> source files. Can you fix this please?

I don't feel guilty ;-)

The problem is that the kate-part does not feel responsible for python
sources. I will commit a fixed katepart.desktop in a second.

But this does not really solve the problem completely. I had the vimpart
installed, which registered for python files, and now I got C++ files with
kate, and python files with vim, which probably isn't what most people would
expect. I therefore added a workaround so that all files with mimetype text/*
will get opened in the part for mimetype text/plain. This is the best
solution I could imagine.

I have not yet commited that workaround, as I also did some other changes that
are not yet finished, so I would break something if I would commit now. (Yes,
I should have commited the workaround alone, but I have been offline for the
weekend ;)

Bye,
Matthias.