kdevelop component factories

Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel mhk at kde.org
Tue Apr 9 20:01:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 10:38, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> Maybe then it would make sense to merge KDevApi and KDevPartController?

No, please don't. I rearranged some things in the API, as we had a growing
number of unrelated functions in KDevCore. I moved the part related stuff to
KDevPartController, and the view related stuff to KDevTopLevel. I believe it
is a good idea to have coherent classes that deal with one issue.

And I think that KDevApi should be the central access point to all these
specific classes. It isn't nice to have a class simply providing access to
all these other classes, but you can't have abstract singletons (at least I
can't imagine a way to implement one ;), so this is the best solution I can
think of.

Bye,
Matthias.