A common roadmap

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 14:45:05 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 10:42 am, Jörg Pauly wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 3. April 2002 11:07 hmmerte Falk Brettschneider auf der
>
> Tastatur:
> > Hi!
> >
> > --- Richard Dale <Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk>
> >
> > wrote:

> > > the KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH

> > > supposed to be closed

> > > Oh dear! I'm afraid I've added it to KDE_2_2_BRANCH
> > > - I'm sorry about that. Is
> > > this going to cause problems?
> >
> > Arghh!!!
> > Yes. Please, send the patch public to this list for
> > reviewing. I think we will reject your addon because
> > of the feature stop but maybe there's a little chance
> > if your changes doesn't affect the current code much.
> > I think, actually, we must be strong. If we accepted
> > your patch, it would be the OK for other ones to still
> > contribute addons to KDE_2_2_BRANCH. But we want to
> > force to avoid more splitting the work than in Gideon
> > and 2.2.
> > But because your patch is a quite exotic one, we can
> > make an exception. I don't know...
> > Richard, what do you think, would it be a problem for
> > you revert it and re-apply it to KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH?
> > KDevelop-2.1 is out anyway. 2.2 will be made from
> > another branch than KDE_2_2_BRANCH.
>
> I think this could be the reason for a compile error (See: KDE_2_2_BRANCH
> doesn't compile):
>
> Compiling stops in CClassParser due to some undefined Symbols.
I checked in all the class parsing stuff so it should work. Please post the
error messages you had, and then I can fix whatever it is when I move the
changes to KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH. It could be that you need to generate
tokenize.h from tokenize.l - they are both in the cvs even though tokenize.h
is just a derived file.

-- Richad