NOW THE COMPROMIZE! (was: Re: A common roadmap)

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 11:14:02 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 02 April 2002 11:45 pm, Matthias Hölzer-Klüpfel wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 April 2002 23:13, Victor Rder wrote:
> > I vote for Gideon :-). And KDevelop2.x and Gideon in HEAD is okay for me,
> > too.
>
> I think this is reasonable. It is a waste of time maintaining the same
> parts in both branches. And I hope that development in the gideon subdir
> will soon outnumber the efforts in the kdevelop subdir ;)
>
> I only hope someone will write a nice README about the directory structure,
> otherwise newbies will be utterly confused.
I agree that the current branch system is confusing because I've managed to
check my stuff into the wrong branch.

> > And Matthias: I want to say "Thank you" to you for your latest commits.
>
> You are welcome!
Yes, keep up the good work! We've been talking about the lack of QExtMDI
support for ages, and now you've finally sorted it out.

I've been looking at the KDevelop 2 code again yesterday, and I think it's
still just as hard to turn it into a plugin api based architecture as it was
2 years ago. The _design_ of gideon is 100% sound, and all it needs is a
little more 'polish' to be perfectly usable. And I would rather start with
something rated 100% for design, and 10% for polish than the other way round.

-- Richard