KDevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Sep 25 06:00:33 UTC 2001

On Dienstag, 25. September 2001 07:56, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a port to Windows in the works anytime soon?
Unfortunately there won't be a port to windows due to technical reasons; this
would require to port a good part of the KDE libraries to windows as well.
Besides, the free version of Qt on windows requires a Visual Studio 6 license
that the KDevelop developers don't have (at least I don't and as most of us
are students, we would be in need of commercial funding of these licenses).

  How hard do you
> think it would be to add Java support?
We are already working on this. KDevelop 3, currently under development, is
targeted to be a multi-language environment that goes far beyond C and C++,
currently it supports Java, Perl, Python and PHP already to a certain extend.
One major problem seems to be that this requires developers with knowledge of
C++ for the programming of the environment plus the target language. We would
be very thankful for anyone willing to help extend the capabilities of the
language plugins with their knowledge of the target language desired to have
support for.

Hope that gives you enough information for now. Consider joining us :)

Ralf

> Thanks,
>
> Jeremias
>

> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«