emacs part and QXEmbed

Marcus Gruendler runner at tamalin.de
Sat Sep 22 16:08:13 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, 19. September 2001 18:46, you wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Marcus Gruendler wrote:
> >   _widget = new QXEmbed( parentWidget );
> >   if ( _widget ) {
> >     Window w =
> > findWindow(qt_xdisplay(),qt_xrootwin(),"emacs_kdevelop_embed");
> > _widget->embed( (WId)w );
>
> This will probably resize the embedded window to 0x0, because the
> parent window is not mapped yet. What happens when you resize the
> application window?

Hmm. Sorry, but nothing happens then. But I realized error messages on the
console during the process of embedding:

kdevelop (core): Goto source file: /home/runner/tmp/test/src/main.cpp line: 0
gideon: DocumentImpl::openFile(): /home/runner/tmp/test/src/main.cpp
kparts: 0x80f5a88 emitting activePartChanged 0x839c998
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for unnamed
kparts: ReadOnlyPart::guiActivateEvent ->
file:/home/runner/tmp/test/src/main.cpp
kdevelop (cpp support): CppCodeCompletion::slotDocumentActivated
kdevelop (core): listing part: DocumentImpl
kdevelop (core): Plugging file:/home/runner/tmp/test/src/main.cpp
gideon: EmacsPart: goto line 0
kdevelop (core): adding widget
kdevelop (core): add child
gideon: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  42
gideon: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  42
gideon: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  42
gideon: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter
attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  42

So maybe there is a problem with qxembed embedded into kdevelop? Or do I have
to connect some signals/lots in order to display the widget?

Ciao, Marcus

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«