Getting started with classparser ?

Hugo Varotto hugo at varotto-usa.com
Sat Sep 15 05:55:02 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I'd like to use the classparser for a part that I'm writing, but I cannot
find a simple example or documentation of how to use it. Could somebody
please give me some pointers/small examples ? I'm interested right now in how
to retrieve the symbols contained in a particular file, in a generic way, not
olny C or C++ ( which I beleive the classparser is able to do ).

I know that there're several other parts tha are using the classparser, but
I'm still not able to understand completely how to use it.

On a different but related topic, when I looked at the code, it seems that
there're portions of it that're not finished ( like the portion that
loads/save the database to disk in PersistenClassStore and so on ). Is that
true or I'm too asleep ?

Lastly, I remember that Sadny mentioned somewhere that the class parser is
able to handle all the languages that Gideon curretnly supports ( including
PHP, Java, Python ). How does that work ( from a developer point of view that
wants to use the classparser ) ?

I sent an e-mail to Jonas Nording <jonas.nordin at syncom.se> but the email
bounced back ( could not look up destination domain (syncom.se), invalid
domain name ). Jonas is the mainainer of the classparser, and that's the
e-mail that shows up in the code.

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

-