Debugging Gideon or testing single parts

Thomas Schilling snuffeler at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 14:27:07 UTC 2001

Hi folks!

Now, after finally having found out that Gideon is KDevelop 3 (why can't
somebody tell - or why ain't it on the first site of kdevelop.org to attract
new developers?) I now tried to compile and run it but - almost "of
course" - it didn't run - or more exactly: it run but there was nothing to
see exept some gray regions with some splitters. After 'make install' there
could be seen some more even the file selector widget/part that even worked
but it all crashed as I tried to select some file.

I had to comment out the include file "ktip.h" (or without the leading "k")
because there was only a "ktipwidget.h" in my kdebase or kdelibs. But
nothing from there was used in fileselector.cpp/.h. And now this module
crashes. Great!

So, can somebody tell me how to debug Gideon (I can't do it with KDevelop 2
because there's no project file - or I don't know how.) or how to run some
parts alone. But how to find out the dependencies? I just wanted to test
'cppsupport' and now this! :-(

I hope somebody can help me.

Thomas

-