KApplication bug (was: Re: Kdevelop 2.0.1 crashes on start-up (backtrace))

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Thu Nov 22 08:34:14 UTC 2001

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 12:48:38AM +0100, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is another bugreport that KApplication has a bug somehow.
> I got that crash with kicker which always crashes in the same way on KDE
> login.
> And I also got that crash with LinCVS linked against KDE.
>
> 3 different apps, 3 crashes with the same backtrace.
[...]
> > #4  <signal handler called>
> > #5  0x40c0cfb7 in QCursor::handle () from /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2
> > #6  0x40c31fce in QWidget::create () from /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2
> > #7  0x40d1244b in QWidget::QWidget () from /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt.so.2
> > #8  0x408c961e in KApplication::init () at eval.c:88
> > #9  0x408c8d55 in KApplication::KApplication () at eval.c:88
> > #10 0x80e5eed in main () at eval.c:88
> > #11 0x41a1d2eb in __libc_start_main (main=0x80e57c0 <main>, argc=7,

I strongly doubt that it's really a KApplication bug ;-)
(because all that specific code is doing is creating a simple plain
parent-less QWidget -- which reminds me that it looks like some
unused functionality) .

Is there a small self-compiling testcase available, allowing to
reproduce the bug? Or a full backtrace with debug symbols (compile
qt and kdelibs with debug enabled) would be very helpful. Also, does
commenting out all code that deals with the 'smw' variable in
kapplication.cpp help?

Simon

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«