kdevelop and wine

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 19:23:38 UTC 2001

On Monday, 19. November 2001 19:08, Chuck Fischer wrote:

Hehe, but if it requires winelib it's a windows app that's based on MFC or at
least the windows API.  Sure you can use Qt to develop programs that don't
have a gui at all, for that purpose the QApplication class constructor has a
parameter GUItype :)  Anyway, if you know more about the specifics and have a
real testcase, then I guess it would be the best if you would provide a
template for KDevelop 3. Let us know if you would be interested to do that
while you're at it anyway :)

Ralf
> Ralf,
> Thanks for your input.  I will try the Generate Project file.
>
> As to why there should be a Winelib project type:
> 1) it would auto set the directories where the wine headers, etc are.
> 2) winelib provides more than just a GUI, e.g COM, Registry, etc.
>
> In fact the app I am porting runs in the background, no UI at all.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck
>

> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe