AW: Re[6]: C/C++ projects don't work for suse 7.2, suse7.3 and upcoming kdevelop 2.0.2

Markus Kuehni markus.kuehni at trilab.ch
Wed Nov 14 12:51:30 UTC 2001

Walter wrote:
> Basically I would say:
> in the project creation time everyone will be happy, if the application
> compiles without errors :-)
> in the feedback time (bug reports, new releases, etc. ) you need to
> change also some stuff inside the Makefile.ams and
> configure.in(.in|.mid|.bot) or in some cases develop some .m4 macros.
> ;-)

I assume that's where I am naive. I haven't reached that state with my
project.

What I think I need so far:
- check for and configure a library of some version
- check for and configure headers

I presumed that these tasks can be solved using standard, long-established
autoconf macros.
Of course, my project can only be that simple because the library
(wxWindows) shields me from most platform specifics already (I hope!).

But I believe that that's exactly how it should be with software
development: instead of configuering each simple project for alle aspects of
the platform: leave that to a library.

But after hearing you I'm a bit... hmmm... let's say "scared" of what will
confront me later on.

<lots of over-my-head ghastly m4 stuff and discussion snipped>
> Unfortunately this can't always be handled by only a checkbox, see
> KDE_USE_QT which can have 0, 1, 2 or 3 parameters.
> Maybe the solution is the plugin system of gideon as mentioned above,
> i.e. one gui-plugin for the settings of one m4 call?! I don't know...

Why do I get the feeling I opened a can of worms here? ;-)

Warning: the following is utterly off-topic. Group readers, please disregard
`,8^]

BTW: you're italian, aren't you? What's the weather down there? We currently
have what you only could describe as the worst wheather possible here in
Bern (Switzerland) - slosh-time, whooahhhbrrhhh!!!

-- Mark

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«