AW: AW: KDevelop ctags symbol browsing on external dependencies (solution)

Markus Kuehni markus.kuehni at trilab.ch
Mon Nov 12 11:55:00 UTC 2001

> About your note. You are again correct. But if you wanted to go that
> far, you might as well consider using gcc's XML output which will give
> you the equivalent of MSVC's browse database.
> Then all you need to do is "tag index" that database for fast searching
> and you have all information you ever need, including a highly accurate
> class tree and a basis for a robust code completion algorithm

Cough, cough! What XML-Output... ??

I've searched the web for something like that for some weeks now and even
posted to some news groups asking for something like that. I read about the
tree representation but found it rather "shaky"...

And now "by-the-way-edly" you tell me there's XML output for gcc... wow!
=8^D

I think that's exactly what I need!
(for others: http://public.kitware.com/GCC_XML/index.html)

Thanks for this very very valuable hint,

Mark

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«