questions/wishes for acinclude.m4.in

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Sat Nov 3 22:45:08 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I made some updates to the kdevelop project templates and so I found out
some little probs concerning acinclude.m4.in and it would be nice if
somebody of you could answer some questions on it:

1) AC_CHECK_SOCKLEN_T
is it possible to use this also for only c language check? IMHO it
should be possible to remove AC_LANG_SAVE, AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS and
AC_LANG_RESTORE. So KDE_MISC_TESTS would be also useful for our
c-terminal-project-template.

2) KDE_USE_QT and qt 2.x projects
is it possible to use e.g. KDE_USE_QT(2,2) with the standard
configure.in.in (which uses #MIN_CONFIG)? Maybe a sort of
Makefile.common rule, which places KDE_USE_QT in the right position of
configure.in (like the #MIN_CONFIG comment trick)...
I think this would make it easier to update the actual admin/ and also
the handling for the other developers. Or is there another trick to do
so, so please enlight me....

3) and now a great wish
is it possible to split out the AC_CHECK_COMPILERS to
AC_CHECK_C_COMPILER and AC_CHECK_COMPILERS (which calls/requires
AC_CHECK_C_COMPILER). It would be one big step for a better
c-terminal-project support inside kdevelop and for acinclude.m4.in a
sort of modularisation of this call ;-))))

TIA and ciao

Walter

--
The KDevelop project: tasin at kdevelop.de [www.kdevelop.org]