Editor interfaces

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed May 30 20:07:39 UTC 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:
> o the RMB menu isn't implemented yet (easy)
> o multiple views aren't supported yet (medium)
> o only two implementations for the editor part exist (fun :)
> o with Bernd's new scripting framework, the interfaces
>    cry for being DCOP'ed (easy)
>
> What do you think? If noone objects, I would switch during the week, and
> hopefully fix most of the issues until next week.

There are a couple of other minor issues. For example, comparing file
names is a no-no, you have to compare inode/devno. Also, IIRC, the
NEW_EDITOR sections don't contain checks to see if a document has been
modified on disk since loading it, and so on, see the TextEditor*
and Core classes.

All these things don't require big changes, but I'd rather see them
considered before the corresponding code outside of NEW_EDITOR goes
into the nirvana. I've implemented part of this code at least three
times all over again in various generations of HEAD, and meanwhile
I'm a bit tired of it ;-)

Other than that, your stuff looks quite good IMO :-)

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«