import dialog vs. application wizard

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun May 27 10:21:45 UTC 2001

Meanwhile I think that the import dialog is very inappropriate
for most projects. Our parts are too generic too be able to
give the best user experience when starting in their default
configuration. For example, the file view groups depend on
which kind of programming language you use. The documentation
part needs a per-project configuration which also depends
on the project type.

I would suggest to replace the import dialog with an application
wizard like thingie which can generate a project file that is
fine-tuned for the specific project type. Any ideas how to
present this to the user? Make it separate from the existing
app wizard or integrate it with it?

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«