kdevelop speed drop

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 13:39:37 UTC 2001

Falk,
it's perfectly clear to me what you are trying to accomplish.
But I think checking for whether the file is already open should be the
way to go instead of checking whether it "has_focus".

The problem with yesterdays fix was, that if the file "gets focus" it
then "has focus" when you enter docViewManager::slot_gotFocus(),
therefore your fix would kick in every time, even the very first time.

So I believe there should not be a fix, instead and architectural
change. If certain things have to be set only the first time a view is
opened the so be it. The slot_gotFocus() methods seems to be the wrong
place to call them.

Also, I still can not see what this all has to do with the menu?

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and