How to compile/configure the latest version ( not HEAD ) ?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu May 10 13:44:14 UTC 2001

Lorenzo Delana wrote:

> On Thursday 10 May 2001 12:58, you wrote:
> > Greetings to all,
> >
> > I've been trying ot compile/configure the latest Kdevelop version ( 1.4
> > EXTRA ) for the last couple of days, but without any success. I tried
> > different approaches:
> >
> > - download the daily snapshot tar.gz indicated in the kdevelop webpage.
> > However, when I tried to do "make -f Makefile.cvs" complains that the
> > "admin" directory is not there ( I think is trying ot use Makfile.common
> > from that directory ).
> cvs co -rKDEVELOP_1_4 kdevelop
> cvs co kde-common
> cd kdevelop && ln -s ../kde-common/admin
> then make -f Makefile.cvs should work.
>
> Consider follow flags, if y have trouble in compiling:
> export CXXFLAGS="-DUSE_QTPRINT_SYSTEM -DUSE_KDE_2_2_1"

It may be that recent changes in the dockwidgets require you to take
kdelibs from CVS as well if you're not successful with USE_KDE_2_1_1
defines.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org