TODO list for 2.0 (7/5/2001)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 07:11:17 UTC 2001

Hi,

So what is still to do for version 2.0? What are known bugs?
1 "Tab page" MDI-mode of QextMDI is half-finished, therefore still
  unusable (Had no time to work on it due low priority in comparison to
  other things for 2.0).

2 tree and output tool-views:
  2.1 the toolbar buttons for showing/hiding the trees/outputviews
      are reimplemented for a compound group of dockwidgets
      but the mechanism still doesn't work in all cases.
      (There seems to be a bug in KDE's delayed toolbar button when set
      to toggle-mode.)
  2.2 tool view states (geometry, position,...) aren't saved to
      kdeveloprc yet (usuability safety)
  2.3 docking tree tool views on output tool views and vice versa has
      some problems

3 Choosing the default MDI mode by an additional dialog widget in the
  KDevelop-Setup isn't implemented yet.

4 editor:
  - Closing an editor view doesn't ask for saving if it was changed

5 Proper enabling/disabling of toolbarbuttons/menuitems depending on the
  program state doesn't work correctly. Often some "actions" are allowed
  which do not make sense in that certain situation.

6 libkdevprinter.so has been replaced by the using of KPrinter.
    6.1 It's untested with real printers
    6.2 Printing of multiple views at once isn't possible anymore.

7 Code completion buildin of KDEStudio is still missing.
  The new ctags database doesn't seem to be right thing to be the
  base for it.

8 code cleanup is needed.

9 "Go to Declaration/Implementation" needs to be improved. Currently,
  you still have to generate and load the ctags database manually with
  every newly loaded project.

10 internal debugger:
   10.1 removing code lines screws up set breakpoints (looks doubled)
   10.2 during debugging: open a function sub tree immediately jumps
        from VAR to ClassTree tool view.
   10.3 maybe it is possible to show the return value in the VAR tree?

11 at kdevelop startup and automatic restoring of the project session:
   there are event timing problems with resizing the views. Sometimes
   when the view is maximized it looks restored though.

--------
Well, this is the current TODO list, maybe I forgot something you could
add. Probably we can put this on a public TODO list.

--> I'm currently working on (2.1), (11), later on (1), (2.3) and (3).
--> (2.2) will be activated again fast when (2.1) and (2.3) works well.
--> (3), (4) and maybe (6) is an easy-to-do job. Volunteers?
--> (7) and (9): Roland?
--> (6) and (10.x): JBB?

Nevertheless to this list I second the beta1 release today. The current
state is usuable for using as IDE (maybe (4) is a bad trap).

I would highly appreciate your help. Don't hesitate to focus on one or
two of the issues. Then we will become quite stable.

Ciao,
F at lk