KDevelop 3.0, this mailinglist and Bernd

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 14:48:14 UTC 2001

--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now, for other things. As said, the talk with Bernd was very
> productive.
> First of all, Sandy, can you make kdevelop-devel somehow public
> together
> with a mailing list archive ?

Cant we just move the mailing lists to sourceforge, then archiving
comes with it for free and we would be independent of the Potsdam
University servers.

> The only thing different is that each user
> has
> a projectfile for keeping information about the current
> workspace/opened
> files etc. That makes a lot of sense actually.

But only for people that actually use Makefile.am's. It doesnt replace
any project management at all, does it?

> I hope for everyone's understanding in
> case we're going that way - and it will make jbb hopefully work again
> :-)) as we get developers who are then really doing things.

Why dont you make a version 4 in CVS? Then you dont have to replace
anything. Just check everything into another branch and declare that
head. Or for that purpose, tag HEAD to be KDEVELOP-3, check in the new
HEAD, done.

Regards
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and