..nother patch

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Thu Mar 22 18:47:58 UTC 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:40, Roland Krause wrote:
> John,
> removeNullParams() should actually not be needed at all. The
> KProcess::operator<< () should take care of the arguments all by
> itself. I say *should* cause I dont know how well it works. Imho,
> removeNullParams() just obfuscates the code so I'd like to kick it. If
> necessary I'd even look at the way the command line arguments are
> formed here.
>
> Maybe we can leave a comment here so it gets deleted sometime soon.

Oh no - this is different and (currently) necessary.

problem is that "string" is built with lots of params some of which are of
the form "-xyz= ". This causes problems in enscript (so I'm told).

The easiest way out of this is to "massage" the params to remove these bad
params before dropping them into the process.

I'll chop this out of the patch and apply the rest.

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«