ctags stuff

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 05:21:43 UTC 2001

--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:
> There's also some issues with the bookmarks still. I noticed last
> night
> that the browser window doesn't change to the bookmarked page. The
> other
> thing is that the window displaying the bookmarked file you want to
> jump
> to needs to be activated (same story as with the classviewer a week
> ago). Another thing is the numbering of the bookmarks. There are
> numbers
> with underscores, but only for the editor and at the *end* of the
> bookmark before the line number. I think we can also dump the two
> submenus for html and source file bookmarks now so the user can
> access
> the bookmarks easier, or ? At least we can display the editor
> bookmarks
> in the menu directly I think while leaving the browser bookmarks in a
> seperate submenu.

Oh yes, there are still many issues regarding usability of the current
cvs version.

- My version currently opens *every time* with the message that
KDevelop wasnt cleanly ended and ask whether I want to load the last
project.
- Bookmarks dont get saved
- In fact, it looks like nothing gets saved, the geometry, window
position, open windows etc.. I must admit I havent looked what the
reason for this is. Should this be a permission problem, then I would
truly expect an error message. As I said, I havent actually looked into
it. Just thought I mention it here.
- There still is one nasty crash in kwrite. This one is really hard to
reproduce but shows up at least once every hour of intensive usage.
- I myself have introduced one thing that isnt quite allright when I
tried to clean up the Make/Build stuff. I'll fix that soon.
- The tags stuff isnt ready yet, will hopefully go in before code
freeze.
- Despite many hours of trying to come to terms, there are still issues
(at least for me) with the integrated debugger. I hope John shows up
from vacation soon, I think I've got at least an idea as to what goes
wrong.

There is probably more...., well but that's progress :-)
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and