the daily fix...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 14 23:18:37 UTC 2001

Falk, more crashes.
I am starting to get a bit tired of this and I would like to
ask you if you could try a few of these things by yourself. They are
all very obvious problems.

Run kdevelop with no project loaded and it crashes on nearly everything

that you can do from the menu.

Most crashes are again due to 0 pointers being referenced.
Here is a brief selection:

Examples:
Start kdevelop, no project loaded, the welcome window is open
(why is this unnamed btw.?)

File->Close
KWrite::fileName (this=0x0) at kwview.cpp:1893

File->Save
KWrite::fileName (this=0x0) at kwview.cpp:1893

File->Save As
Select a file name, hit ok:
KWrite::fileName (this=0x0) at kwview.cpp:1893

File->Print
KWrite::fileName (this=0x0) at kwview.cpp:1893
1893      return kWriteDoc->fileName();

Edit->Undo
KWrite::undo (this=0x0) at kwview.cpp:2024
2024      kWriteDoc->undo(kWriteView,configFlags);

I assume the rest of the Edit functions will do the same.
So I believe they all should be disabled. I would like to help to get
this stable soon. Let me know what I can do.

Roland
PS: There are many more crashes, are you able to run kdevelop yet?

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and