nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Tue Mar 13 13:46:19 UTC 2001

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Christian Couder wrote:
>

> > Myself, I thought I could do the editor stuff
>
> Christian, there's a new KPart of the Kant project now which could replace kwrite, maybe it is worth for a
> look at it...

Yes, I had a look at it.
But I don't fully understand what they want it to be.

I saw a "Project" menu and a file view, so I fear that it is somewhat
becoming yet another IDE or nearly.
I posted a message to the kde-core-devel list about editor and IDE
duplication efforts but it's waiting for a moderator approval.

Also Kant perhaps has its own MDI stuff (I didn't check this thoroughtly
though), so if we use it then we probably wont use your QextMDI stuff...

> > >  Unless
> > > there really is something like a working KDevelop-3 application,
> > > version 2 will be what I would like to focus on currently.
> >
> > That's fine for me.
>
> Remember, the 2.0 release date is scheduled for in 1 month. Can you get a new project management work until
> then? I have some doubts because of the level of change you would make.

I also have some doubts.
As far as I am concerned I will only make small improvements like bug
fixes and perhaps multi-file bookmarks.

> But if you try it anyway:
> Please, avoid to break the current CVS stage for a new project management on the KDEVELOP_1_4 branch at least
> before my MDI upgrade isn't almost working again. If you also started to break the mechanism for a rewrite of
> things, I would get confused with the MDI stuff. You know, I wouldn't know any more if a bug is because of me
> or your new mechanism. I think at the beginning of next week, MDI _could_ be stable enough to stand it.

I agree, if I want to make some changes, I will also make sure they work
quite well before I commit them.

Bye,
Christian.

-