nasty bug, CKDevelop::edit_widget

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 03:31:29 UTC 2001

Falk,
there is a fairly nasty bug in the current kdevelop-1.4cvs. Although I
am able to track it down fairly well, I dont really know what the fix
would be.

Since this looks very much like work in progress I leave it to you.

Here is the bug: Start kdevelop with no project, hit File->Save as or
File-> Save all . Crash in kwview.cpp:1885 because the CEditWidget
object does not exist.

Actually I believe CKDevelop::edit_widget never gets assigned a value
at all. Also the value is never checked before the pointer is
dereferenced.

I thought this class member will probably go away, and maybe replaced
by
a function get_active_document() or so. Therefore I didnt bother fixing

anything.

Since this is a serious showstopper in using the current cvs maybe you
have some time to fix it, or let me know what to do and I will send a
patch.

Regards
Roland

PS: krashguard attached, but easily reproducable

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and