adding QextMDI to kdevelop.kdevprj as new shared lib project

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 00:17:34 UTC 2001

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to join the QextMDI sources from the cvs main trunk to the
> KDEVELOP_1_4 branch. What I don't know is: how do I add that library
> project to the kdevelop project. What are the files to edit?
> configure.in.in, Makefile.am? Or can I do it via KDevelop itself?
> I haven't got much experience with those things 'cause I usually work
> with custom projects. :(
Just give it a try. AFAIK kdevelop 1.4 (2.0) is a kde2_normal thing that
only edits configure.in.in as in kde2 projects configure.in normally is
created using admin automatically, so you just have to add a Makefile.am
for your subdir. Adding the files with kdevelop will add an entry in the
underlying Makefile.am's subdirs line for your subdir and create a
static library. I think here you can leave it as a static one as it is
loaded anyway.

Don't hesitate to comit because if something goes wrong John and I are
there to fix the build system.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org