to Ralf: Re: Renaming issue

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Jun 27 09:33:29 UTC 2001

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Lorenzo Delana wrote:
> > PS. the only disadvantage in developing code out of developer's CVS access,
> > is the ambiguos method of syncronization that represents eventually patches
> > released by 'cvs rdiff -D my_last_snapshot'. In any case the patch can be
> > used to know exactly where apply the code changes... that differs very from
> > the human concepts words.
>
> You should always use the option -u when making diffs (e.g. by putting
> diff -u in your .cvsrc). This way, patches become more tolerant wrt
> changes between your original version and the version the patch is
> applied to. Also, patches become much more readable.

Bernd (or anyone else), can we set up a *document* about this ? I know
that jbb needed to explain that to other newbies as well, so it's
actually a need to provide a document that we can put into KDevelop,
developer.kde.org and other places how to efficiently do that. That's
very important to all the ones that want to send in patches and are
using anonymous CVS. We just need to tell them how and once we do that
in one document, we can always point that out.

Walter, we need fixes for the new autoconf version 2.50 in the C and C++
templates. Could you take care of that ASAP as the freeze for the 2.2
final is in a couple of weeks (End of July). I know I'm nitpicking but
it should be provided as the other templates using admin are already
working with that.

Thanks,

Ralf
--
KDE 2 - Trust I seek and I find in You,
everyday for a something new,
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«