1_4 laundry list
bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 18 19:22:36 UTC 2001
Just had a look at the 1_4 branch and was very disappointed.
Somehow I have the impression it gets more and more bugs with
each release :-((
Here is a list from just 10 minutes of trying various things:
* "...that you can create hierarchical todos by clicking with
the right mouse" That's a tip of the day. I have no idea
what this sentence wants to tell me :-(
* Another tip says that I can print with enscript or a2ps.
I can't find any menu items for this.
* Build->Rebuild doesn't work.
* Build->Distclean/Rebuild All doesn't work.
* Context menus hehave differently. Some appear when the button
is pressed, some when the button is released.
* When choosing New file from the context menu on
the functions branch in the class view, it proposes
to put the file into the directory Global/Functions.
Same error for other branches.
* Folders in the class view serve no apparent purpose.
* Class properties dialog: No way to enable the help button.
The dialog offers to create public signals; something
like a public signal simply doesn't exist. It's unclear
what 'matching slots' in the slot tab are. Match what?
Also, the dialog is a usability desaster: no accelerators,
no initial focus, nested group boxes, messed up focus
* Adding translations to Qt projects spits a lot of errors.
IMO, the tr support in the template is pointless anyway,
as it only works if you start the application in the
* Documentation browser options seem to have no effect on
the documentation browser.
* Lots of 'QObject::connect: No such slot' messages on the
* Browser history is broken with multiple browser windows.
* What's this help for the menu is replaced by a meaningless
'Ready' after a short time.
* Large parts of the documentation are obsolete, e.g. for
the dialog editor.
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
More information about the KDevelop-devel