KDevelop-Gideon Documentation Writers wanted

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 8 23:29:09 UTC 2001

> as many of you know, KDevelop is quite popular just because of it's
> large amount of documentation that is usally up to date,

Well, just today I found an article about KDevelop in a magazine
(Chip special?), and one of the main points of criticism was that
the documentation is no more up to date in 1.4. So I've looked
at the documentation and found this to be true. The programming
manual contains a lot of stuff that is obsolete. There is even
a whole chapter about a non-existing dialog editor! Also the 'File
system usage' chapter is only confusing because the way resources
are found has been totally changed in KDE2.

It would be good thing if at least these things were completely
removed from the documentation. It's better to have no documentation
about a topic than to have documentation that is wrong and
confusing. I would have done this myself already, if I'd just
have ksgml2html ;-(

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«