One bug...

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 23:51:55 UTC 2001

Falk, friends,

I found a bug in CKDevelop.

A file that is modified is not saved upon closing (Ctrl-W or
Menu->File->Close).

I tracked it down, but I dont know the solution... Here is what I
found:

The following code in docviewman.cpp:731 ff.

  // the first object we'll find is the layout,
  // the second test will be successful for the one and only embedded
widget
  for ( pChild = pL->first(); pChild && !pView; pChild = pL->next()) {
    if (pChild->inherits("QWidget")) {
      pView = (QWidget*) pChild;
    }
  }

  if (CEditWidget* pEditView = dynamic_cast<CEditWidget*> (pView)) {

tries to find the CEditWidget, it does find a QWidget (btw. a break
is missing also) but the dynamic_cast to a CEditWidget pointer return 0
so
the document contained in the view is never given the chance to save
itself.

Maybe there is an easy fix, I dont see it, but I am confident that you
will.

Regards
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and